How to Color Hair with Crème Lightener
How to Perform a Patch Test
- AGEbeautiful Crème Lightener
- Use 10 or 20 Volume for on or off scalp application for initial and retouching applications. Lifts 4 to 6 levels depending on the starting point.
- Use 30 or 40 Volume for off scalp applications for initial and retouching applications. Lifts up to 8 levels depending on the starting point.
- Gloves & Timer
- Bowl & Brush
- Comb & Clips
- Cape or Towel
Perform a Patch Test
To determine whether an allergy exists, perform a patch test 48 hours before color application.
- Wash a 1-inch area on the inside of the elbow or behind the ear. Pat dry with cotton.
- Mix a small amount of equal parts developer and selected shade.
- Apply mixture to test area using a cotton-tipped applicator.
- Let area dry. Do not cover or disturb for 48 hours.
- Examine the test area after 48 hours. If no reaction has occurred, proceed with coloring.
Mixing, Application & Processing
AGEbeautiful Crème Lightener should be mixed and applied using a bowl and brush. Do not use applicator bottle.
- Measure 2oz. developer and 2oz. lightener into non-metallic bowl & mix well.
- Apply to dry hair.
- Timing: Up to 60 minutes. Check hair every 10 minutes for desired lightening result.
- Rinse hair well after application, shampoo and condition.