How to Color Hair with High-Lift Blonde
How to Perform a Patch Test
- AGEbeautiful High-Lift Shade
TIP: High Lift shades are not recommended for gray hair.
- 40 Volume Developer – the mixing ratio is 1:2 developer
- Gloves & Timer
- Bowl (non-metallic) & Brush or Bottle
- Comb & Clips
- Barrier Cream
TIP: Conditioner or lotion works well
- Cape or Towel
Perform a Patch Test
To determine whether an allergy exists, perform a patch test 48 hours before color application.
- Wash a 1-inch area on the inside of the elbow or behind the ear. Pat dry with cotton.
- Mix a small amount of equal parts developer and selected shade.
- Apply mixture to test area using a cotton-tipped applicator.
- Let area dry. Do not cover or disturb for 48 hours.
- Examine the test area after 48 hours. If no reaction has occurred, proceed with coloring.
How to color hair with High-Lift Blonde
Mixing, Application & Processing
- Protect clothing with a towel or cape. Put on gloves.
- Pour 4oz. of developer into bowl or bottle.
- Add 2oz. of high-lift shade and mix well.
- Divide hair into 4 sections.
- Apply generously to dry hair, starting with roots. Continue until roots are saturated.
- Set timer for 45 minutes. Check root area for desired lightness.
- If you want to refresh ends: work color through ends and set timer for additional 5 minutes.
- Rinse hair until water runs clear. Shampoo, condition & style.