How to Color Hair with KUUL
STEP ONE: Pre-lighten Hair
- KUUL Powder Bleach
- KUUL 20 & 40 Volume Developer
- Clips, gloves, towels, cape
- Non-metallic bowl & brush
- Mix one scoop of Powder Bleach with 3 oz of 40 Volume Developer
- Section hair into 4 quadrants from front to back and ear-to-ear.
- Starting in one back section, take ½” horizontal partings and apply bleach half an inch from the scalp to the ends. Work towards the top of the head, then repeat on second back section.
- On the front sections, start at the bottom and work towards the top of the head in the same format.
- Leave on up to 40 minutes, checking lift every 10 minutes looking for a pale-yellow coloration.
- Bleach may need to be applied a second time if color has not lifted high enough.
- Shampoo and dry the hair prior to the second application, if necessary.
- Use same mixing ratios but change the developer to 20 Volume for second off-scalp application.
** DO NOT USE 30 Volume or 40 Volume Developer for On-Scalp Applications **
- Remix Powder Bleach with 20 Volume Developer and apply to the scalp area using the same ½” horizontal partings.
- Lift to pale-yellow stage.
- Can process up to 75 minutes with the 20 Volume, if needed.
STEP TWO: Vibrant Hair Color
- KUUL Semi-Permanent Violet
- Clips, gloves, bowl & brush, towels, cape
- Barrier Cream (Conditioner)
- Apply barrier cream (conditioner) around the hairline to avoid staining the skin.
- Squeeze color into bowl, no mixing required.
- Section into 4 quadrants as previously described.
- Apply color from scalp to ends in ½” horizontal sections, avoiding the skin and scalp.
- Process up to 45 minutes for maximum durability.
- Lightly shampoo, rinse until water runs clear. Apply a light conditioner, rinse, towel dry and style.