How to Color Hair with Topcoat Toners
How to Perform a Patch Test
- AGEbeautiful Topcoat Toner Shade
- 10 Volume Developer
- Gloves & Timer
- Bowl & Brush or Bottle
- Cape or Towel
Perform a Patch Test
To determine whether an allergy exists, perform a patch test 48 hours before color application.
- Wash a 1-inch area on the inside of the elbow or behind the ear. Pat dry with cotton.
- Mix a small amount of equal parts developer and selected shade.
- Apply mixture to test area using a cotton-tipped applicator.
- Let area dry. Do not cover or disturb for 48 hours.
- Examine the test area after 48 hours. If no reaction has occurred, proceed with coloring.
How To: Neutralize Brassiness for a Polished Blonde
Mixing, Application & Processing
- Prepare. Put on cape and brush hair. Put on gloves.
- Pour 2oz. of developer (half of the 4oz. bottle) into bowl.
- Add 2oz. of Topcoat Toner (full tube) and mix well.
- Start applying at the part on dry hair. Saturate roots first, then mids and ends.
TIP: Work in quadrants to ensure total coverage.
- Set timer for 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair until water runs clear. Shampoo, condition & style.