The side dutch braid is simple, classic, and one of my go-to hair styles. When you’re only wearing one braid, it’s an easy way to make it show from the front, looking straight on.
This braid can be worn anywhere – work, class, brunch, a night out….BUT keep in mind that this hair is one of my favorite styles for the end of my wash cycle – meaning it does wonders for “hiding”/making greasy hair look fly. The 180PRO TEASEless Volumizing Powder Shake is essential for creating a lot of volume and holding in the hairstyle.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED
- 180PRO TEASEless Volumizing Powder Shake
- Small elastic band
- Optional: Curling iron to wave your whispies
HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO
1.Make sure your hair is brushed through and your TEASEless Volumizing Powder Shake is on hand.
2. Start with a deep part on one side – my part is on the right so the braid will be on my left shoulder.
3. Spray TEASEless Volumizing Powder Shake throughout the crown for targeted lift.
4. Bring all your hair onto one side of your shoulder and split a small section of hair right by the front of your head into three, even strands.
5. Take the outside right/back strand under the middle strand, then the left front strand under the middle.
6. Add hair – from the back/top of your head – into the back strand and once again bring it under the middle strand.
7. Do the same thing with the front strand, adding hair from the front of the head, and taking the newly formed strand under the middle.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 until you run out of hair and then continue the braid down to the bottom (right strand under middle, left strand under middle.) Secure with an elastic and gently pull on the pieces to create a bigger braid.
9. Use a curling iron to wave your whispies and spray TEASEless Volumizing Powder Shake for extra lift and hold on the finished look.
THE REMARKABLE FINISHED LOOK
Watch the step-by-step video here.
Noella Van de Voorde