Want to know how to turn your strand care up a hair? Here’s 10 ‘FUN’damentals for keeping your hair healthy with Misty Kingma.
1. DON’T: Overwash! Wash maximum 2-3 times per week.
2. DON’T: Put shampoo all over your hair! Only where it’s actually dirty – your scalp.
3. DO: Treat yourself to a 3 minute head massage while shampooing for total circulation.
4. DO: Condition only the ends of your hair so you don’t weigh it down and lose volume.
5. DO: Use a hair masque once a week for silky, touchable conditioned hair.
6. DON’T: Brush high to low. Start at the bottom and work your way up to minimize hair loss.
7. DON’T: Blow dry soaking wet hair. Let it dry about halfway before you begin to blow dry. Use low heat and point the nozzle down to prevent frizzing.
8. DO: Use heat protection – 180PRO Heat Rescue Thermal Protection Spray before styling.
9. DO: Flat iron on low heat and go slow.
10. DON’T: Tease your hair with a comb! Now there’s a tease-less option: 180PRO TEASEless Volumizing Powder Shake.
Take your strand care up a hair!
Misty Kingma is an entertainment and lifestyle blogger based out of Denver, CO. You can follow her inspirational Be Yourselfie blog here.