How to Color Hair with Demi Permanent Gloss
How to Perform a Patch Test
- AGEbeautiful Demi Permanent Color
TIP: If trying a shade for the first time, go 1 shade lighter.
- Demi Dedicated Developer
- Gloves & Timer
- Bowl (non-metallic) & Brush or Bottle
- Comb & Clips
- Barrier Cream
TIP: Conditioner or lotion works well
- Cape or Towel
Perform a Patch Test
To determine whether an allergy exists, perform a patch test 48 hours before color application.
- Wash a 1-inch area on the inside of the elbow or behind the ear. Pat dry with cotton.
- Mix a small amount of equal parts developer and selected shade.
- Apply mixture to test area using a cotton-tipped applicator.
- Let area dry. Do not cover or disturb for 48 hours.
- Examine the test area after 48 hours. If no reaction has occurred, proceed with coloring.
How to Blend a Few Grays
Mixing, Application & Processing
- Prepare. Put on cape and brush hair. Apply barrier cream to hairline. Put on gloves.
- Pour 2oz. of developer (half of the 4oz. bottle) into bowl or bottle.
- Add 2oz. of demi permanent color (full tube) and mix well.
- Apply to dry hair. Apply to roots first, then saturate mid-lengths to ends.
- Set timer for 20 minutes. Clean up hairline right after application.
- Rinse hair until water runs clear. Shampoo, condition & style.